Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/nprajan/eachparent.com/wp-content/themes/retro-fitted/library/functions/core.php on line 27
Breastfeeding

11 Responses

1. kathy
    kathy April 2, 2013 at 7:32 pm | | Reply

Wow, I didn’t know a lot of this. Informative post. Which country are you from?

2. susan scott
    susan scott April 2, 2013 at 9:19 pm | | Reply

Loved this post thank you Melissa! I too breastfed for ages and ages and it was the simplest thing and so rewarding. We know that breast is best! I know of a few friends who would not breast feed as they thought their breasts would lose their shape .. and of course, formula is hellishly expensive.

3. Sandy Campbell
    Sandy Campbell April 2, 2013 at 11:19 pm | | Reply

Very informative post, and I enjoyed it very much. I wasn’t able to breast feed, and that was a shame, however my daughter is well adjusted in life.

4. Timothy Brannan
    Timothy Brannan April 3, 2013 at 12:59 am | | Reply

Very interesting!
    When my sons were babies we were fortunate enough to live a in a very breast feeding positive community and had friends that were also all doing it. Made things much easier for them and my wife.

Tim Brannan
    The Other Side and The Witch
    Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

5. J M Filipowicz
    J M Filipowicz April 3, 2013 at 3:06 am | | Reply

I had the hardest time breastfeeding my son. I actually thought to myself “Here is this perfect baby and I am ruining him!” I stuck with it and he was eventually able to latch and breastfed for 15 months. Motherhood has given me respect for all mothers. Formula feeding your baby is just fine. There’s so much more to parenting than what you feed your children during the first year,

6. Mummygadgetgeek
    Mummygadgetgeek April 7, 2013 at 7:49 am | | Reply

Really interesting post. I am a student breastfeeding counsellor and am always keen to learn about how breastfeeding is supported (or not) in different cultures.

It sounds like you feel proud to have achieved 14 months of breastfeeding, despite the challenges you describe.

Look forward to reading more of your posts x